View Single Post
Old 9 Dec 2013, 13:15 (Ref:3341944)   #75
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I find the Oak situation interesting in P2.

If they have up to three auto entries in their back pocket but don't necessarily want to run against KCMG in the WEC - what will they do? It would be madness to pass up the opportunity given they are a company on the rise. At the same time they need to be careful not to over-stretch themselves with the P1 coming online.
I suspect their auto entries are being actively marketed at the moment, and I can see them logically going to whoever runs the Oaks in AsLMS and TUSC and the third being a Nicolet/Ihara/ANO WEC entry, which isn't going to realistically be competition for the sort of entry on the cards from KCMG.

Agree about the overstretch concern, but presumably with the right partnering approach they've got the scalability to do it. Jacques Nicolet has never come across as anything other than very shrewd, and looking at how he's deepening his managerial bench I think they'll be fine.