Thread: DTM 2022
View Single Post
Old 2 Dec 2022, 14:41 (Ref:4135876)   #252
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealLine View Post
Between NLS/N24, DMV GTC + Dunlop 60, Spezial Tourenwagen Trophy, ADAC GT and DTM Germany has way too many championships for GT3's though. It's not like racing a GT3 is unique within the country. Maybe the all Pro format is in fact unique, but highly I doubt whether they'll be able to continue this after the loss of certain sponsors and investors.

Touring cars are a different matter though, the lower ranks are pretty much non-existent. There's an Up Cup with 10 cars, and the BMW M2 series with about 13/15 cars. Then there's ADAC TCR which has been struggling for years now. There's a huge gap to fill and if something can do so it's the DTM name

To me it seems a logical fit to bring DTM back to it roots and let it provide spectacular touring car racing (in whichever ruleset they'd pick, electrified or not). With the right choices they can be to Germany what the BTCC is to the UK

Either way I hope this unification will lead to a stronger overall racing environment in Germany regardless of the outcome
I agree with all you say but switch to TCR is simply not good for the DTM in my opinion.