View Single Post
Old 31 Jul 2020, 23:17 (Ref:3991978)   #33
jensbx19
Rookie

jensbx19 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by antc View Post
Thanks for the replies.

I have also noticed that several C2 cars carried very similar bodywork during that period, as has been rightly pointed out, prodeced by Lotec. What led me to investigate the possible Nykjaer link however was moe related to the chassis construction, as the Nykjaer car is the only one(besides my car), where I have found the clear reference to Gepard as the chassis constructor.

My car has in fact a Gepard chassis plate, with the logo of a Cheetah, for which Gepard is the German name. Can anyone shed light whether any other cars perhaps also had this same chassis constructor?

When I bought the car, it was fitted with a Mazda Rotary engine, although this was certainly fitted here in SA. The car competed in a spec series in 1991/92 were the drivetrain was specified as Mazda 13B/Hewland Ft200. The reason for this was quite simple. Our local F.Atlantic series had just finished, and there were plenty of these drivetrains available as thye were used in that series from mid to late eighties.
Interesting story. There is someone who is interested about the Nykjaer with Wankel engine. He is the editor of the german Wankel Journal. In 2018 someone had parts for a Nykjaer. Probably for a Nykjaer. The person is probably unfamiliar with the subject. He thought this was parts of a Porsche 956/962. I have pics from these parts.

Best regards.

Jens Hillmann

Last edited by jensbx19; 31 Jul 2020 at 23:36.