View Single Post
Old 20 Apr 2006, 08:28 (Ref:1589466)   #66
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghinzani
Viva GT and I arrived at Goodes just after the Bluebird was sold to Kevin Eaton. Agree with your sentiments on that car though, Nissan gave Graham nowt in the way of support, in fact I believe they were anti it being raced. Somewhere I've got some pics of that car with Dave Carvells Rover and Dennis's similar car in parc ferme at Silverstone early on in 87, I'l try and dig them out.

Talking of Nissans lack of spending, is anyone brave enough to start a thread about the Brodes Mitsubishi adventures and the amounts of dough they lashed out? Who remembers the three pointed wheels that cost a fortune and cracked up as soon as they got on track??

Hmmm, ah ha, I had a feeling Viva was linked to Graham's operation in some way by the info he has been posting, and now we know you were as well. Great stuff!

The Bluebird line that you take is how I saw it as well, but only as a spectator and enthusiast reading up on it's progress (or lack of it) I wonder if the lack of works assistance was due to the fact that the Skyline was on the horizon and Nissan perhaps only felt it worthwhile homologating one car?

Shame if that's the case otherwise they could have been competitive in 2 classes for a few seasons!!

The 180B would have held it's own against anything up until the M3's arrived i'm sure.

(potential new thread on the variety of Class B/Class 2 homologated cars perhaps?? i'll leave it to you or Viva to start that one as well as the BBR Starion thread maybe??)

I'll have to get a scanner, you guys would love all the old Group A pics I shot a as a lad back in the 80's!!