View Single Post
Old 24 Mar 2023, 13:03 (Ref:4149022)   #129
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Having been interested and involved in motorsport all my life (my father, brother, myself and my son have all competed) and having attended my first GP at Silverstone in 1958 and several times since (last time in 2012) I can tell you that I was one of those people that totally turned off F1 during the interminably long period of Mercedes domination between 2013 and 2020. The Verstappen/RedBull resurgence in 2021 came as a breath of fresh air and the last two seasons have rekindled my interest. Seems I am not alone.
I don't know what DTS is and it certainly had no part in my new found passion.

I tend to agree with you. I've been following F1 avidly since 1972 and I stopped watching and following it closely, partly because of Ferrari and Schumacher's dominance and in particular the fiasco of the 2002 Austrian GP. It was the emergence of Lewis Hamilton that got my interest back, with 2008 being the first F1 season I watched and followed closely since 2002. Ironically, my interest was starting to wain with Hamilton and Mercedes' dominance, so I welcomed Red Bull's resurgence, though I wasn't happy with how the 2021 season ended.

I haven't reached saturation level yet with RBR but if they romp away with the WDC and WCC this season, I'll be getting pretty close to it, so I am hoping to finally see a Ferrari resurgence and I'm thoroughly enjoying Alonso and Aston-Martin being right up there in the mix.

I watched DTS once but that sort of ''reality TV'', if you can call it that, came across as somewhat contrived and I felt it was aimed at the sort of audience who could easily be watching Love Island instead.