View Single Post
Old 31 Oct 2021, 17:48 (Ref:4080830)   #18
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Anthony Davidson probably won't be in the reckoning for factory rides. He announced this morning that he'll retire from full time driving after next week's race in Bahrain.
That's a shame, he's been great for the sport. There's an outside chance he could end his career with an LMP2 driver/team title next week, but I hope his last race is a good one regardless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Looks like Ye is doing some Porsche GT racing next year. I'd have thought that remaining in P2 would be the ideal prep but he's obviously going to have close ties to the programme.

https://sportscar365.com/industry/ye...lected-driver/
I can't find the post right now, but I'm sure I asked this when Ye to Porsche was revealed. I suspect Porsche would have preferred to keep him in LMP2, but with WRT almost certainly going the way of Audi - who are not exactly short of factory drivers - it doesn't make much sense to keep a rival driver sharp.

Besides, the last time Porsche "promoted" a GT driver or two to prototypes, it went rather well for them.