Thread: IMSA Race Petit Le Mans 2021
View Single Post
Old 14 Nov 2021, 16:08 (Ref:4083391)   #104
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
Sums up IMSA. Cautions aren't going to go away, so we may as well enjoy the racing when it arrives.

Really happy for Mazda to sign off with a victory.

Well done to all the title winners as well, Pfaff in particular - Robichon really stepped up this year.
LMP3 cars caused half of them. Nobody talks about them other than in these situations. I don't think anybody all year has cared about who actually won an LMP3 race. Don't care about it myself. Class has brought nothing to the Weathertech series. The teams there should probably be in GTD...costs blah blah yes. Then go run Pilot or Proto challenge series.

Just so impressed though at how Weathertech racing did. You would think that this was a full factory Porsche squad out there today. I'm very very surprised the BMW guys faded with their issues. Cooper probably had the most enoyable year of his career for sure.

Also amazed at how good the Heart of Racing Aston did. Between them Turner and Pfaff, the bar in GTD really rose this year. We did not get much of a diversity of winners in that class because of this. The cream really rose to the top there.

The only IMSA races in 2022 that appear to be interesting enough to watch for me other than the 36 hours of Florida will be Long Beach, Lime Rock, and VIR, cause those events we won't have to worry about P2 and P3 filling up space. Interesting to note though IMSA LMP2 is becoming a refuge for true Pro-am teams as the professionalization of WEC and ELMS LMP2 is increasing by a lot now.