View Single Post
Old 13 Jul 2022, 11:28 (Ref:4119378)   #6109
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCCheddaris View Post
With my ancient Zenith and 200mm lens
Hehehehe I had a Zenit (E?) camera as well.... my first ever 35mm SLR. That would have been early 70's from memory. I do remember that the bonus was it had a Pentax thread so I could 'borrow' Dad's zoom lenses from his Pentax set up. It was a great (cheap) camera at the time (certainly cost less than 50 quid).... I remember going to Brands and used to gravitate to the (at the time anyway) Kodak area over the bridge on the inside of Druids. Free to those who used Kodak film. I didnt (Being tight I used to use Agfa because they were 27 exposure films and only got charged as 24's for d&p!) So i used to pick empty Kodak film boxes out of the bins, put my Agfa film canisters in the Kodak boxes and was able to show 'Kodak' films in my camera bag and get access no problems.

I think ultimately the Zenit shutter curtain inside started sticking. Cost of the repair was going to be more than the cost of the camera. By then I had an income and swapped it out for an A-1 Canon.

Happy days .