Thread: MotoGP 2023
View Single Post
Old 27 Mar 2023, 07:37 (Ref:4149320)   #10
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Marquez (M) was not flavour of the month in the main grandstand ... Having previously been to Portimao for ELMS in 2018, I was looking forward to this weekend. Bought tickets in the grandstand and assumed, as you do, that you could walk round the track on Friday / Saturday, at least. Nope, grandstand or grandstand for three days (track explained it was Dorna decision). Seemed to be very few people out around the track Friday and open terraced seating still no where near full Sunday. So photography limited, but lots of chance to get shots of pit-lane and grid. Enjoyed the racing; not much PA, so atmosphere a little flat at times (perhaps I am too used to Bruno Whatsisname at Le Mans shouting the odds). Would I go back - yes, but for a event where I could wander round - it is a stupendous track, must be a ball to ride / drive and was pleasantly warm and sunny (at the end of March !).