View Single Post
Old 5 Aug 2003, 21:22 (Ref:680816)   #11
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
codename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcodename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by sumo
There are some well founded reports that , after the chaos caused by the last f1 gp held at Donnington , to the air traffic at the aiport and traffic congestion on the m1, there is no way the circuit will be allowed to hold another f1 gp . It is also rumoured that Tom Wheatcroft has said that he never wants to have the gp there again.
I also remember the drivers moaning about a film of oil being laid by the planes using the racetrack, making the track slippery.

I saw a proposed GP layout of Donington on Racing Circuits.net, (search for Donington, then click on proposed GP circuit) and basically all it is is removing the fogarty chicane, so you have a flat out blast from Coppice down to Melbourne.

However, last year when I was there for the BTCC, it took us 1 and a half hours to get out of the damn car park..... (and it wasn't raining....or mud filled! )
That would be totally unnaceptable to the F1 circus, although I guess an F1 event would have more police support in closing the surrounding roads to non-GP traffic...which would've helped!