View Single Post
Old 25 Aug 2009, 21:59 (Ref:2528200)   #25
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Formula BMW, Cooper Atlantic by Mazda, Patron GT3, Star Mazda, Jetta TDi Cup, and IMSA Lites this weekend with the ALMS at Mosport. That is six, isn't it? Add World Challenge GT and TC, IRL, Indy Lights, and a few other regular support events, and filling time on an ALMS weekend isn't hard to do. Car counts are a whole 'nother story.

Of course, given my taste of IRL at Toronto, I have seen the worst and I can assume if the IRL promotes St. Pete (AGR), Long Beach, and Mid-O, maybe your point gains more traction. But LB seems to be pretty stacked with World Challenge, ALMS, drifting, Lites and IndyCars... but I guess this is getting off topic.

As far as Classic Endurance Racing goes, the ALMS needs to align themselves with historic racing series, especially historic F1 and Sports Cars, because they are very much in the same vein as the ALMS. Not to mention, for the ALMS fan it would be a spectacular opportunity to see those historic cars, because on balance the little money I have would go to an ALMS weekend over an historic weekend.

I think Laguna would be cool for the IC, but along with Road America I don't it on the calendar. Of course, convincing teams and the ACO of my schedule may be tough. Ideally I'd like to see:

(Daytona 24h - dreaming)
Sebring 12h
Spa 1000km
Brands 1000km (Silverstone [Tourist Trophy], then Donnington in order of replacement)
(Le Mans - part of the Cup?)
Nurburgring 1000km
Mosport 1000km (despite the fact drivers are scared of 1000k's at Mosport)
Petit Le Mans 10h or 1000miles
Suzuka 1000km (or Okayama, but were this the Poka 1000, that would be very cool!)

Chris