View Single Post
Old 23 May 2010, 12:52 (Ref:2696548)   #65
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Spent some time last night looking back through old magazines to see if there was anything else I could add- certainly don't seem to have any more result information to add- I have very few 1984 Autosports, and though I should have a complete run of Performance Cars for the year, I can't find all of them at the moment
One thing that we're missing for quite a few of the Group A threads are details of race numbers, entrants and sponsors. Like I did in the '83 thread, here's a list of 1984's runners and riders, to see if we can fill in the gaps. I'll post each class separately to allow updating

Class A
Race no.DriverEntrant/TeamSponsorsCarNotes
4Dennis LeechLeechusually unsponsoredRover Vitesse 
5Vince WoodmanCC MotorsportBMW GBBMW 635CSi 
6James WeaverCC MotorspotBMW GBBMW 635CSi 
7Andy RouseRouse EngineeringIndustrial Control ServicesRover Vitesse 
9Frank SytnerTed GraceSytner Alpina+GSI+Chartered Trust FinanceBMW 635CSi 
10Peter LovettTWRSanyo/EssoRover Vitessestepped down after R4
10Jean-Louis SchlesserTWRSanyo/EssoRover Vitessereplaced Lovett for R5&6 only
11Tony PondTWRSanyo/EssoRover Vitesse 
11TJean-Louis SchlesserTWRSanyo/EssoRover VitesseDrove Pond's car in qualifying at R2 Silverstone
12Mike NewmanNewmanBurlington WallcoveringsFord Capri 3.0S
13Charles Sawyer-HoareRouse EngineeringEsso+Daily Mirror+Sign LanguageRover Vitesse 
14Win PercyHughes of BeaconsfieldToyota GBToyota Celica Supra 
14Tony DronHughes of BeaconsfieldToyota GBToyota Celica Suprastood in for Percy at R2 Silverstone
14Gordon SpiceHughes of BeaconsfieldToyota GBToyota Celica Suprastood in for Percy at R6 Silverstone
16/17David KennedyBS AutomotiveGrundig + PenthouseBMW 635CSifrom pics, race number seems to change from 16 to 17 late season
18Dave BrodieBBW MotorsportMitsubishi Colt Cars + Mail on SundayMitsubishi Starion Turbo 
20Steve SoperTWRAustin Rover Fleet + Herbie ClipsRover VitesseETCC car
21Neil McGrathLinden Racing(Clive Faine)Connells Estate AgentsRover Vitesse 
23?Brian ChatfieldChatfield Ford Capri 3.0Scar still in 1982 CC/Esso colours. Did Newman or Chatfield run as no23?
??Albert Mirko?Direct TyresBMW 635CSiProdsaloon at Brands GP meeting

Last edited by chunterer; 23 Mar 2011 at 14:29.