Old 8 Sep 2020, 06:51 (Ref:4000872)   #180
Minicross424
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ashford Kent
Minicross424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post
There's a slight problem in that these are road bridges with narrow, barriered pedestrian walkways so would need to be made one way only each side and manned to enforce this. The other main crossing point is the tunnel at Copse which has the same problem in being narrow and enclosed.

Perhaps Silverstone don't see the value in going through the expense of making their venue 'Covid Secure' as there's only this GT meeting and the Walter Hayes Trophy the week before which would attract paying spectators in any number (excluding the BTCC which is classified as an Elite Sport meeting by the Government). Whereas MSV have 5 circuits and plenty of higher profile meetings, so it's cost effective for them to devise a safe working system which can be applied to all the venues. And from what I've seen at Brands Hatch this year it's been done well and attracted more visitors/spectators than I would have expected.
That's a valid point i just wish if thats the decision they tell us so i can cancel my hotel etc.