View Single Post
Old 8 May 2009, 07:21 (Ref:2457734)   #2
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Hi Dave,

Good times for sure and first known as the Budget Rent-a-Car Championship. As you know the championship was amalgamated with CTCRC Classic Thunder in 2007 which in my opinion was a mistake as the cars were steel bodied and fully glazed and would have been more suited with less mods to the Pre-93 championship which is what I down graded my IROC-Z for as it was totally outclassed in Classic Thunder.

Denis Bassom uses his Corolla from the championship in CT but he has chucked a massive amount of mods at the car as has Joss Roncetti and talking of which do not forget the Lotus Sunbeam contingency, I think we had 8 of em out at one stage and the Rover SDi's of Ray of Rovertec and his mates (he married Tom Walkinshaws daughter, I went to the reception on the way to Mallory!) and Ellis Bergman's Camaro it was like V8 City!

One of the reasons for the massive Capri contingency was we also started the Capri Challenge which was then amalgamated into the main championship, Dave Fuller's was unique by the fact that it ran a 2.4 Holbay Pinto engine and certainly surprised a few V6's.