View Single Post
Old 14 May 2019, 11:36 (Ref:3903678)   #30
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
Yes, one or the other...
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Yes, it would have been a powerful message tothe sport/ industry.
In my mind, that would have been a very short sighted approach to the situation.

The grid size went up to mid-20's for the next few seasons, which would never have happened if the 'powerful message' had been sent.

Small grids are not necessarily a bad thing, provided the series remains sustainable. The main thing to look at is what plans are in place to raise the level of competition across a grid, rather than just pure numbers.

Take F1, where it currently faces criticism for a number of reasons. I have also heard similar criticism from many people at BTCC events during the Porsche races. It is not just about the numbers, but about the competitive nature of the racing that makes a series worthwhile.