View Single Post
Old 15 May 2019, 15:32 (Ref:3903966)   #38
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
[QUOTE=chunder;3903889]Simply put for club racing it should be free for punters.

Circuits need to knock admission on the head to try and push more people into meetings. they only charge it to make a few quid. no need for tickets, people taking money, programs, it could all be online, removing the staff that deal with it.

They will say you still have to have security and cleaners and some staff, fair enough but are you seriously telling me 100 or so people paying a tenner at an average clubby really impacts that? That's a grand a few times a year!

If you made it free, you could then get more people in, and make the money in other ways.QUOTE ]

Not often we agree but you are bang on the money here - as it were. I don't mind paying for the big ticket stuff but somewhere like Croft will charge £15 for thin grids , crap food and a general air of ennui .Maybe my cash pays towards the army of entirely unnecessary 'security ' staff...?

Last week I paid a tenner for great day at Harewood ,with runs from 9-5, good food and friendly people. Today I have bought a weekend pass for HSCC Cadwell for twenty quid and that's fine . But 15 quid to watch fewer than a dozen TCRs drone round endlessly for an afternoon ? Get outta here- I'm the one who wants paying to sit through that rubbish.