View Single Post
Old 15 May 2019, 21:47 (Ref:3904039)   #43
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think it is pretty obvious what club racing is for and it is certainly not for spectators. Not to have to pay for anyway.

You never used to have to pay to watch at club rallies until the entire sport for spectators was decimated by insurance and health and safety fears, and they survived pretty well. And that is far less safe as we found out a few years ago, and the sport at club level will never be the same again for speccys, notwithstanding the assistance they provided for crews and marshals I might add.

It is to keep the MSA alive with coffers from safety courses and entry fees, clubs with entry fees and circuits receiving fees from clubs.

Most tracks make far more from track days then they ever will from club racing I would think.

Club racing is only fun as a fan if you know someone racing, or perhaps for me if there are interesting cars on the grid. I would not expect to pay to watch Mr2's or MX5's racing and see perhaps 3 or 4 corners when i could pay a few quid more and see short oval racing where I can see everything, the recovery is far quicker, races are run better and more fluidly, the pits are just behind me and the meeting is done in 4 or 5 hours.

Make it free for speccys, it's that simple.