View Single Post
Old 8 Apr 2024, 12:03 (Ref:4204204)   #2230
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
I some how suspect the budget is the reason the work is yet to commence on the 3rd tub.
Vowles has previously stated work on 3rd tub was/is underway, but work to repair damaged tubs delays completion of the 3rd. His comments were regarding the initial repair. I can imagine it still holds true for recent damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
The original point was about more than just the airfreight costs. It was also the materials and time spent on carrying out the repairs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
By focussing on the airfreight alone, the bigger picture is lost.
100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Repairs, and carriage of parts, is a normal occurrence. It’s a standard part of the budget, with an allocated portion of budget. Just like tyres, fuel, staff, teabags, anything else.
Things like fuel, staff, teabags are fixed costs. They are very predictable and unlikely to deviate from budget. You also have planned consumables for the car such as components that age out (have finite lifespan), aero bits that are made obsolete via development. Those are less predictable costs than the teabags, but still pretty predictable. But things like tub and other crash repair, while you have to make an estimate budget for things like that, those are variable costs. So assuming you try to end the season with all (or nearly all) money spent, the more you spend on repair and other crash damage the less you can spend on new development. In short, you may blow past your prediction for repair costs which means you have to pull money from elsewhere in your finite budget.

Richard