Old 27 Feb 2024, 19:58 (Ref:4198556)   #43
GusGasfuss
Racer

Germany
Ravensburg, Germany
GusGasfuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
Curiously, they were who was tipped for a Mclaren run but now they are out. So did DTM know that when they did a press release about Mclaren joining the series? Or... is it a different team? Dorr, maybe JP/Zakspeed

I don't think, Dörr/McLaren relied on Project1 to handle their DTM effort. Maybe they asked for support, or maybe already bought some stuff from Proejct1, or some expertise from Kamps etc.

I am also not sure, if Kamps is not having some plan B, only loosing some of his companies, which are under treat.

At least we will have 20 cars (given, that Grasser and others will have/find second driver), and i also think Frey might bring 2 Ferraris back again (ADAC still talks about 7 manufacturers).
Above 20 cars is still good, knowing that Audi don't give bigger support anymore and Porsche teams don't like to compete, as long there is a works entry.

Its interesting, that Schubert can field 3 cars, as there was some concern about some drivers being alone in their respective pit garage, which makes it easier for them (3 in one is a bit too much). I thought, ADAC only allows squads with 2 oder 4 cars?

I think, DTM has potential to be the Showcase of GT3-manufacturers, sending support, money and their best drivers. Money can be earned in privateer series.