View Single Post
Old 5 May 2023, 16:36 (Ref:4154644)   #8
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Have a think. What are they trying to do? And what does it mean if the changes are small?

These are tweaks. They are trying to manage something that they are pretty happy with, but want to be more happy with! IMSA will have seen something that justifies this. It will be based on data they have, probably more than lap times.

I guess that the stint energy is the easiest to assess, followed by power, then the weight (which is combined with the others to produce performance). In ACO hypercar they also throw more of the aero into the original understanding, but don’t adjust.

The time to worry is when it is a big adjustment!

I must admit, I prefer the longer periods of no adjustment we see in WEC. However, IMSA have been doing similar for some time with similar cars and it is just their style of approach to this. Hypercar is a little newer in concept, so understand that data more before going mad. Although I like their bigger gaps.

Last edited by Adam43; 5 May 2023 at 16:41.