View Single Post
Old 6 May 2023, 02:14 (Ref:4154675)   #17
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well it's not even just that it's marketing, it's that marketing has changed because we as consumers have. Hell Enzo said he only would cars cause rich people would buy his cars and fund more racing. And he didn't really have polite things to say about those buyers it seems.

And sorry but the minority "anorak" racing fans who want the "purity of the sport" aren't the majority or even a measurable minority. I can see MB racing posters from the street in Buckhead Atlanta with the AMG GT3, the actual on track success isn't as important as advertising they race that car you can buy.

I chose to enjoy the cars on track and just love the smell of being burning dead dinosaurs and hanging out with others who enjoy it, and leave the politics of it to the side. They're bringing me a fun product to watch and making cars that then appear in Historics and I get to enjoy them 3 times a year at my local. Ok my local track is Road Atlanta so I'm spoiled there.

Watch Group 2 or 3 of HSR, they're about 1:45 plus around Road Atlanta for the best of them. But I watched them every time around the track last weekend, and likely will again in the fall. Group 2 is 914s, 911 early model base motor, Austin Healy and MGs and other cars with engines anyone can carry under their arm. Still watch, ok some of that is interesting cars but LMP3 does the same. Interesting cars and different look between Ligier and Norma (or whatever, Duqueine I think) but they make a good noise.

But I'm a simple man, cars, smell of burning fuel and trackside I'm happy. No rain and it's a good day

Last edited by broadrun96; 6 May 2023 at 02:19.