View Single Post
Old 10 Oct 2010, 22:25 (Ref:2772817)   #53
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
I don't see much point dreaming if there's little chance of these things happening.

Given the abundance of factory entries and filler cars like the R8 it's the kind of grid I would have taken over some recent LMS/ALMS fields.

I'm not expecting a stand-alone Asian Le Mans Series to sprout up but I do hope to see an increasing number of local teams build programs around these events.

Given GT500 and Formula Nippon use 2011 P1 spec engines that takes away one hurdle for teams looking at this class while I'm sure a place will be found for GT300 and GT3 cars for the forseable future.

The first PLM had the following entry-

Started: 29 (WSC - 6, LMP1 - 3, GT1 - 1, GT2 - 3, GT3 - 8, LM GT1 - 3, LM GT2 - 5)
Yes, and then a strong regional series was built, getting us to where we are today. People will not invest in local programs for a single, or even two races a year in Asia. This has been my whole issue with ILMC since day one. It weakens the regional series, which could potentially lead to smaller ILMC races in the future.