View Single Post
Old 10 Aug 2020, 08:43 (Ref:3994387)   #86
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickey View Post
Anyone in the know about Lydden? I can't see how they are going to be allowed to permit spectators
I'd have thought they'd be allowed spectators - it's not "an elite sport" so should be ok (British GT can have spectators, BTCC can't). Not sure if they'd have to limit numbers (presumably advance ticket sales only).

I'm not sure whether to go or not - on the one hand: rallycross, on the other - it's usually the busiest Lydden meeting of the year and let's face it cleaning is not Lydden's strongpoint and social distancing may be tricky in places (although you could always spend the day sat in your car - assuming it's not 30C!). Other circuits are also restricting paddock access - and that's not so easy at Lydden. I guess we'll have to wait for a definitive answer from the circuit themselves (again - not always their strongpoint).