View Single Post
Old 13 Sep 2020, 13:54 (Ref:4002148)   #96
HoleInTheHedge
Rookie

European Union
HoleInTheHedge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
I thought the situation with Bennett was a bit strange. I initially thought it was his/his teams fault for not reading the rules properly, but then I read comments suggesting that he had informed the organisers before the weekend and it only became an issue later in the event? On the subject of his exclusion, I'd love to know the difference between fuel types. Yeah, I know his Mini runs a Pipo engine and Oliver has no doubt improved during his time in World RX, but his lap times were absolutely destroying those from the rest of the field...
There’s a difference in the octane levels between the fuels, it wouldn’t make a difference on track but each engine has to be programmed to a specific fuel do manage the difference...
Bennett was flying full stop!! If he was running red diesel that mini is still faster than anything else in the championship!!
I’d imagine the problem was that there’s a control fuel and they’ve probably paid the organiser’s for that privilege? And they might of gotten the hump??
Something similar to rocking up with a full set of Pirelli or Michelin when Cooper is the control supplier
Just my thoughts