View Single Post
Old 16 Apr 2023, 22:20 (Ref:4151901)   #25
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Let's go!

A little less of a gap from 1st to the rest. 2nd/3rd still close? 4th-6th close. And some stronger than before performances from 7th and 8th. A sad 9th.

1. Toyota (no move)
Clearly the top - they got the win and pole on the way. Although I feel the gap is a little less now.
And reliability (albeit related to a standard sensor) hit them.

2. Acura (no move)
Judging on pace. I think Aucra still has the gap above the others - enough to say more better than Ferrari.
Not studied the consistency of the lap times yet, so just a feel.

3. Ferrari (no move)
Ferrari using more energy for its pace relative to Toyota. Porsche seem OK here.
And it was really bad when it had its hybrid problems on 51.
The operation, the way they run the race, and the drivers still feel new. Unlike Toyota. Driver even tried to pit in the wrong box.

4. Porsche (up 1)
A win! A great strategy despite the questions over the tire wear of the car - chose the perfect race to try that at.
Not perfect though - Porsche power steering problem in WEC.

5. Caddilac (down 1)
Looks like a very drivable car. Although I suspect they are disappointed with the results this weekend.
And in WEC seemed to be behind the pace of the Porsche. Although I think the stronger Caddy's are in IMSA, despite Westbrook and Bamber's efforts.
4th to 6th are close - Caddy could be placed above Porsche, or below BMW; Giving Porsche the credit for the win and the pace in above Caddy in WEC, but giving Caddy a bit of a benefit of the doubt over BMW.

6. BMW (no change)
Seems unfair after a nice strong showing.

7. Peugeot (no change)
Better than Sebring

8. Glickenhaus (up 1)
Said they learnt a lot at Sebring. Looked like that. Still needs more testing.

9.Vanwall (down 1)
Slower and less reliable. We even got a (brake) fire. Almost want to give them a credit for that. Villeneuve grabbing all the luck there. No cars were impounded so, which is a good thing.