View Single Post
Old 9 Jun 2009, 21:03 (Ref:2478698)   #31
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
FP tomorrow...can't believe it's been a year since last year

I remember going to bad Thursday night extremely worried after Noda's crash. I really had a bad feeling for the race after the string of crashes we had last year. Thankfully apart from Fassler's crash, we got away with it. Hopefully we'll get away with it again this week

I hope we have a few upsets. The last couple of years have seen them, with #2 going out 2 years ago and Peugeot have problems last year. I hope this year we get a non-works diesel overall winner (i.e. anyone but 1, 2, 3, 7, 8 or 9), a non-Porsche win in LMP2, the works Corvettes somehow losing in GT1, and someone different in GT2

However, my more pessimistic head is expecting another comfortable Audi overall win, the petrol cars nowhere, Essex winning LMP2, Corvette taking a 1-2-3 in GT1 and Risi or IMSA winning GT2. I'm not expecting a classic like last year, unfortunately

But it should be good fun anyway. Can't stay up for the whole race (not that I would want to try it again after a miserable failure last year) but LM is probably my favourite individual motor racing event of the year. Always fascinating to see the story developing from the entry list coming together through to the end of the race. The only downside is when you're awake at about 8 o'clock, absolutely knackered, not much happening on track and there's still over a quarter of the race to go. But good fun all the same