View Single Post
Old 27 Jun 2023, 17:45 (Ref:4165700)   #859
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
A few years ago some friends bought a new-build house on a new development & for a time they regularly had trouble with getting deliveries because their address (including postcode) didn't exist on sat-navs & the like.

A classic case of "computer says no..."
In a similar vein I moved into a new build house, albeit not on an estate, rather a large old property which had been demolished, the block subdivided, front and rear and two separate houses built. I have been in the house just on three years... the completion/ move in date was right at he time of Covid breaking, in fact the weekend after the Australian GP being cancelled mid meeting. Because my address was technically a new address in an old street (the two houses became A & B) my problems were more getting services switched on. Gas water and electricity was no problem, simply a meter reading and voila. All the internet / telecom cabling was all in place. Telstra just kept telling me the address doesnt exist, the Foxtel cable TV the same.... organising people to come and install the dish and connect the house to the street feed met with a "Mate there is no such place, the property doesnt exist". Despite my telling them I was actually living in this house that they tell me doesnt exist Got it all sorted by sending them my council rates notice with the new address confirmed in the end.

As an aside sat navs still only find. the original address and after 3 years my deliveries generally get delivered to the wrong (front) house. My house is down a driveway to the rear. Takeaway food deliveries get told when ordering its the rear house now, after a few non deliveries..... when I have rung to say how much longer I got told we tried to deliver it but got told it hadnt been ordered

Looking for my house on Google maps still shows the old original large single house .... go to 'street view' shows no house at all, just the flat building site with a bulldozer and crane on site!