View Single Post
Old 27 Jun 2023, 21:08 (Ref:4165719)   #865
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Someone mentioned AI in sat navs above. Has anyone tried to get BBC Sounds on Android?

Me: "Hey Google play Radio 2 on BBC Sounds"

Daft AI bint: "Texting BBC Points West."

Today it was "Play BBC 5 Live"

And I got not "live" but a random football podcast.

There's a long way to go before we have to fear it yet.......
Can't be bothered to learn the commands for Management's Kia Voice control system.

However, she constantly asks me to explain what the radio is doing and why is does/doesn't provide local TA Traffic Announcements.

Locally this TA stuff seems to work somewhat for me - at least in so far as the message that there is a message comes up and sometimes works but at other times all that happens is that the audio goes quiet and there is no message.

In North Wales last week we frequently got a blast of radio (the radio was either off or the volume turned right down for some reason) for no apparent reason. Local radios or, on a couple of occasions, BBC Radio 2.

No traffic info. Just a few seconds of radio program then off again.

Peculiar.

Perhaps an example of the Artificial Stupidity that must surely accompany the AI claims.

The most worrying aspect of AI is that there seem to be many people who think it will revolutionise their lives in a positive way without really understanding the concept for what it is and is not.