View Single Post
Old 29 Jun 2023, 11:07 (Ref:4165829)   #870
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
About nothing that we are currently discussing, however something that mystifies me.

Now, I know all about the principle of companies having lost leaders, but I wanted a cheap buffing attachment for my drill. So I looked on two well known online retailers but I thought their products to be more expensive for the very simple job that I wanted to do. Therefore I did a Google search and there I found just what I wanted for the sum of only £3 odd. Great, so I ordered it from the retailer of whom I had never heard of before.

I can't now remember whether I looked up details about the retailer or read any reviews of the company before or after I had placed the order, but for £3 odd, I wasn't too worried. Anyway, it turns out that the company is a Chinese concern, and they have decided to not have distribution outlets in other countries but to dispatch everything from their centres in mainland China. As far as that was concerned, that was fine as I wasn't in a hurry for the buffer, it's just something that I need to use by the autumn.

I ordered the product just a week ago, and yet it was delivered this morning; a better service than some UK based retailers can manage. But how can they afford to do this at that price? It came via air cargo and I am pretty sure that the Royal Mail delivery charge will be about what the overall cost was let alone the airfreight cost and the production cost of the item.

I'm not complaining; I mean I have got an absolute bargain which was about 4 times more elsewhere. Just makes no sense to me as there no guarantee that I will ever purchase anything else from them in the future.