View Single Post
Old 28 Feb 2024, 18:48 (Ref:4198699)   #618
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I would like to hear/read, what this independent barrister they brought in has to say.
I tend to think "independent" might be setting unrealistic expectations here. I would assume he was hired to provide a report to Red Bull. So while he might be an outside party, he was hired by Red Bull and it is Red Bull's report. I have seen reports elsewhere (can't point to an article) that he was specifically selected by the Yoovidhya family. But that might be purely gossip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Off course - and I know this is a radical thought - maybe Horner is innocent as found by a KC and the other party "had an axe to grind" Like I said just a thought.....
Remains a possibility. And without more information being made public, you can view either position as potentially true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
So Christian Horner has been cleared, but had his name dragged through the mud for almost a month. Meanwhile the complainant has had her allegations rejected (therefore they were presumably either mischievous or mistaken) and retains anonymity. There's something not quite fair there.
Was he cleared? You will easily find plenty of headlines written that say something like "Horner cleared of wrongdoing". But that is not what the statement from Red Bull says. It says "the grievance has been dismissed". While we might say this is semantics, I think it would be naive to say the wording of that statement was not purposeful and frankly a bit vague.

You could apply any of the following statements and not be at odds with the Red Bull press release...
* No wrongdoings whatsoever, so no reason to fire Horner
* Some questionable or borderline behavior but they decided not to fire Horner
* Inappropriate behavior found but a private settlement was reached with all parties and Horner remains employed.

(There is a fourth option in which there were issues and Red Bull are just closing it down incorrectly and playing chicken with the claimant to do something, but I think that is doubtful)

Other speculation is if Horner will take legal action against the media. But I assume that might bring the report out into the open and that might not actually be a good thing if he is not actually squeaky clean. I am thinking he will not and see if it blows over. But lets see what happens.

Oh... one last thing. What is my personal opinion of the three (or four) scenarios above? I think if it was the first, it wouldn't have dragged on so long after the investigation was complete. I think the truth is in the area of the second and third option.

Richard

Last edited by Richard C; 28 Feb 2024 at 18:53.