View Single Post
Old 11 Jun 2004, 00:32 (Ref:1000318)   #18
Walshy
Veteran

England
Lancashire
Walshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tuscan 6
[B]Funny - I race in a BRSCC championship, but can't remember when it last featured in BRN.

At last. nail on the head. Don't the BRSCC have enough Championships to be contending with than shifting their efforts to other areas. Steve S's points were spot on. Get what we have sorted first. I'm sorry, but whichever way you cut it, these Cruises are a way of making a quick buck. I've seen these meetings first hand and the whole point of these cruises is to be anarchic. You can't keep these things under control, that's the fun for most of the attendees. And to think of most of these people as future racers, well I think that's gonna be the day I hang my helmet up. Don't get me wrong, I'm not taring them all with the same brush, but for most it's not about cars and speed. It's about image. This is where the BRSCC are going wrong with this. There is racing series to be dealt with first. Guys that have been "Customers" for many many years with the level of service they receive getting worse by the day. I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but in '96, a race day for a Formula Ford at Oulton was £103 and we got to race the full circuit nearly every meeting. Nearly 8 years on and the entry fee is £165 and we more often than not race the Fosters circuit. On top of this, we have dwindling marshal numbers, poor observing (which was highlighted in BRN)and now, less tickets per competitor. I know they BRSCC are trying, but they could try harder if they were not trying to make a quick buck by appeasing the Max Power kids. I mean, come on, the average age of these kids is 18. How do you expect to coax them into racing when they spend any spare cash on their beloved toys. Next, we'll be having meetings for the Scooter brigade!!!!!!!!!

THE BRSCC (BRITISH RACING AND SPORTS CAR CLUB) IS A RACING CLUB. CRUISES ARE NOT RACING!