View Single Post
Old 24 Aug 2005, 15:45 (Ref:1390286)   #16
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Off Topic, but I find the use of Bunsen rather condescending - you can't even class it as an abbreviation. Likewise TGF is dubious; I suspect the user who originated it would hate to be identified as TJL or similar.

On topic, yes I did get those names the wrong way round. The point is that Williams would have had a 1-2 in the drivers championship, adn thus the constructor's championship - it doesn't really matter from a team owner's perspective how dominant you are.

The problem for Frentzen may have been that he was comfortbaly oupaced by JV in the early part of 1997, by which time the team naturally focused on fending off Ferrari's unexpectedly strong challenge, so perhaps HHF felt unlvoed for that reason. In the other teams you mention he was very much the lead driver and 'point man', once it became clear that Damon was off-form in 1999.