View Single Post
Old 14 Apr 2023, 14:44 (Ref:4151440)   #28
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
I really like the revised Chessons: full pack of cars heading into turn one at the start of a race now and enough space to get door-to-door action through that turn.
Agreed - that's a huge improvement.

Quote:
Having the curb after the jump seemed to be catching a few drivers out, especially in the wet.
There were a few instances on Saturday where it looked like the drivers were still trying to sort out their landing when they should have been braking for the elbow. I guess if you add in wet weather and a painted kerb then that makes it more tricky. The kerb looks to be necessary though so no issues with that for me.

Quote:
Nice pictures Bert: the shot of Woods on the jump with Harrold losing it in the background is excellent!
Thanks the jump may be gimmicky but it does provide a good photo opportunity! I got lucky with the Wood/Harrold shot

Quote:
Said it on Facebook, but I'll say it again here: great video and I hope your camera has made it. I had to borrow a lens off a mate for the afternoon as mine turned into a fish tank during Monday morning!
Seconded - hope everything survived ok, I drowned a camera one year at Lydden, bought a camera cover soon after

Quote:
As grim as the conditions were on Monday morning the older cars looked great splashing through the mud after the jump. Also - and maybe it is just me - but great to see all the cars caked in mud at the end of a race.
I have to admit I seriously considered going on Monday simply because the weather was due to be awful. The bad weather does provide good action and plenty of photo opportunities with spray and filth everywhere. Some of my favourite rallycross photos I've taken have been in grim conditions.