Thread: ELMS ELMS 2015 Discussion
View Single Post
Old 6 Nov 2014, 12:43 (Ref:3472212)   #16
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
something that involved sea or airfreight and long distance plane tickets would start to price a lot of entrants out of the market. so it's absolutely key to keep it on the european continent.

but i really like the idea of a big halo race too - somewhere awesome like the red bull ring (it's the scenery, the sunsets there are awesome) would be great, i don't think you need a particularly legendary venue as long as it was a decent drivers circuit and good for spectating. i'd like to think there were ways of making sure the cost stays within reasonable margins somehow, but obviously that's easier said than done.

at the moment the elms season is too short, but they don't half go to some decent tracks. silverstone aside they're all great venues. so glad they didn't go the tilkedrome route of the single seaters.
Wholly agree that another couple of rounds would do no harm at all - the likes of Zolder, Brno, Hungaroring, or some of the plethora of tracks in Spain (have a soft spot for Jarama) would all work well.

I'm firmly of the opinion that with the right approach costs can be managed - and that's one of the reasons I floated the notion of a flyaway - get the right regional promoter / backer involved and this can put a freight package in place that means the teams could potentially see this as a commercially valid proposition - convince Vale that a season ending 10 hour race at Interlagos is an ideal way of boosting their profile and I'm sure they could ferret around behind their corporate sofa and find some loose change to pay for it...