View Single Post
Old 13 Nov 2003, 14:13 (Ref:782072)   #17
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
YES...the great days of F5000 / International F2 / F.Atlantic and F3 at Mallory. The hairpin had no run-off either in those days. The armco lined the edge of the track up there.
I certainly remember the Silverstone 'Dish of the Day' thing as I had the job of doing pen and ink drawings of the drivers cars that were presented to each 'dish' at the end of each season! Rita Dickens and Val Adaway were behind those awards back then. Rita's husband Les was caretaker - groundsman at Silverstone for many years and their son Alf still races in Clubmans sports.
I had not seen Val Adaway for ages until about a week ago. By coincedence, she and husband Rob (who was also a marshal ) were sitting right infront of us at a concert at the Birmingham NEC. They are not involved with Motorsport anymore.