View Single Post
Old 8 Apr 2009, 04:11 (Ref:2436382)   #306
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi Racer View Post
It's an interesting situation. I think the Kolles R10 had some new parts on it at the rear end. Maybe for development to be on the R15. After one of the cars retired due to suspension failure they covered up the rear end when they took the engine cover off. We know that if it was not anything new they would not cover the rear end. We have seen absolutley everything on the R10 from the years before. Something must have changed. Maybe they are running the new particulate filters and turbochargers. So what were they hiding at barcelona. We never saw the r15s filters and we never will. And if brad kettler was there then something indeed is going on.
Teams frequently cover up the mangled portions of crashed cars, far far more often then they don't. I don't think it signifies magic secrets. I can't really fathom why Audi would test R15 components on the Kolles R10s with inexperienced drivers when they are free to run the real deal around with better pilots.

Something was indeed going on with Kettler there. What was going on was Kettler working with Kolles because, let's face it, he doesn't really have anything else to do. Hopefully he will get to engineer a car at Le Mans and thus be involved in testing, but otherwise he was only running the 2 at Sebring because H was taken ill.