View Single Post
Old 4 Nov 2014, 01:41 (Ref:3471413)   #1220
Matra-simca
Rookie

United States
Durham, NC
Matra-simca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatra-simca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
Next June cannot come soon enough! I have the bug and I have it bad! I love that I am so in love with Le Mans. I love that I can't totally put my finger on what I love most about it, or that I can't properly describe the feelings that it creates inside me. All I can ever tell anyone is that it is a magical place. The camaraderie amongst the various nationalities of spectators, the sense of excitement building up to everything.

I've only been twice, but plan to keep going as long as my wallet allows it. However in the two times I have been I am always struck by my excitement when the first qualifying session begins. Both times I have sat in the grandstands at the Ford Chicane and both times I felt a stirring inside, a feeling that there was nowhere else on earth I would rather be, that this was the place I was meant to be and a feeling that I wish I could bottle up for those other 51 weeks of the year.

What other moments really do it for you guys?

Okay, now some questions for those that have done the full week before. 2015 will be my first time to do both scrutineering and the autograph session. I am a planner and love thinking things through way in advance so that I can start looking forward to them. How early do you guys suggest getting to scrutineering to secure a good spot? What would be considered a good spot. Anyone care to do a primer for someone who has never done it before, things to do and expect and plan for? Is it feasible to stand there for both days and experience every part of it? Does it get tedious? How big do the crowds get for the autograph session? How early do people get in line for their favorite teams, which team usually has the longest line? It was funny that at COTA this year Audi for the only time I could recall did not have the biggest line. I got in line for Porsche about an hour before it started and there were about 30-40 people in line before me. By the time the session started there were a good 300 people in line.
Been feeling the same way for many a year. There is no cure!

Todd