View Single Post
Old 5 Jun 2023, 15:56 (Ref:4160050)   #57
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Agree with most of the comments regarding Bottas and Perez. I think drivers like Lewis and Max are both exceptionally quick/talented, but just as importantly, very consistent. Everyone has bad days, but they seem to perform at a high level in ways others struggle to achieve. So that is why you see someone like Bottas or Perez stinking it up on occasion in ways that would be very rare for Lewis or Max. I also think both Lewis and Max are able to do this to an even higher degree (consistent high level performance) when they have a good car under them. If you have confidence in the car, you can just drive.

As to earlier posts about Red Bull ensuring Max is in front. I think there is some truth to this, but at the same time it is a moot point because I think the biggest negative impact on Perez is... himself and not Red Bull. And while I like and rate Perez, I had no illusions he was going to challenge Max for the WDC this year unless Max had a series of uncharacteristic stumbles (see comments above regarding consistent high performance).

Richard