Thread: Nissan Leaf
View Single Post
Old 17 Jul 2017, 18:27 (Ref:3752211)   #70
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
One things that puzzles me about Teslas is that when I have seen any on the motorway they are never travelling at speed. Usually if cruising they are sitting in the middle lane nose to tail with everyone else.

Or is it that, being tracked as they are, any rapid progress will be recorded and might be used in evidence against the driver.

Maybe Tesla drivers know they have nothing to prove so don't need to dominate the outside lane.....

All cars have a speed where they are fuel efficient, and to go any faster reduces that efficiency. I would think that EV drivers are more conscious of this than most diesel or petrol car drivers.

I think a Tesla owner can opt out of the 24/7 live tracking, although the purpose is to capture data to improve the breed, so why would you.

The U.K. road network is so congested nowadays, I don't find any enjoyment using it, so am happy to keep safe and legal-ish. Don't think I'm the only one that thinks that way.....