Old 9 Feb 2016, 18:02 (Ref:3613445)   #498
Bicknell55
Rookie

United States
Lancaster, PA
Bicknell55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake dust View Post
For those that stay for the podium ceremonies - where do you viewthem from? Was at the race in 2014. Watched the finish from the T34 tribune. Then made the tactical error of trying to go down and watch from the front straight. We were with a mass of people waiting behind the grandstands (towards the beginning of the front straight) - not being allowed to enter the track. Would like to see the ceremony from the track. Do you enter farther down - towards pit out or on the other side of the track?
2015 was my first time at LM. I wanted to get as close to the podium as possible but not have to wait to cross the track. There's a gate behind the admin building at the entry to pit lane. As soon as the race was over they opened that gate which leads you to the gap between the admin building and the start of the garages/pit stands. The only downside is you end up behind anyone who had access to the garages. It worked out fairly well except for the folks who must wave gigantic flags which blocked my view of the podium.

Once the flags were gone it was great. I got there about 1 hour before the end and the line never got very large. Next time I'd wait until about 20-30 minutes prior to the end to queue up.