View Single Post
Old 1 Jun 2020, 14:54 (Ref:3979638)   #6133
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I know we are a few years off for BTCC - but how do the lap times compare between FE and BTCC?

Or more specifically, if an NGTC car and an FE car lined up at a circuit, which would come out on top?
It depends on the circuit, doesn't it? For an apples & apples comparison you'd need to run both cars on racing slicks and on road tyres too to see which one works best, as they run on completely different tyre formats.

Warning, what follows is a rant and does not necessarily represent the opinions of Ten-Tenths.
(To be honest, it probably doesn't even represent the opinions of the poster when they aren't ranting.)

I suppose I should say here that I quite like Formula E and I have done from the outset. They're not trying to be F1, F2, F3, prototypes, GT or the BTCC; they had a plan for car/series development that they've stuck to, they've pushed large, high-capacity high-drain high-charge rate battery technology way faster than if they hadn't been developing it (mostly Williams' work, actually). The racing is and always has been close and feisty. The bits I don't like are the corporate tie-ins and the "fan involvement" - Fan Boost being the nadir of it all, really.

The way every single conversation everywhere about alternative drivetrains for racing end up with people slapping down Formula E because it *isn't* something is quite tedious, and if I'm honest I think it reflects more on the people doing the slapping than it does on the series.

For a comparator, I don't really like rallying very much but I don't find it necessary to moan about it when people talk about it. For another, I have more than a passing interest in NASCAR but I don't spend paragraphs trying to shoehorn it into discussions about GT racing!

We now return you to our normal ramblings.

It's all a bit apples and pears really, isn't it?