View Single Post
Old 17 Nov 2023, 15:45 (Ref:4186263)   #57
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
FOM are the promoters for this event? First time promoters at that as well?
Liberty Media-owned FOM, that is. I'd like to think FOM pre-2017 takeover would have handled this calamity far better.

The calamity being, for me, the general response and attitude towards the paying crowd. In Vegas of all places! They say it's the city that never sleeps, with part of the 'appeal' of the event being these odd running hours late into the night/morning...then they kick everybody out by 1:30am!

The irony is not lost on me, and it proves exactly why these events need real, serious motorsport governing bodies/organisers in control.

Unfortunately, the reality is, Liberty are far too powerful to care, and the casual F1 fan will forget by the next event. And if they haven't forgotten, they'll just brush it off and continue to add to the TV audience figures, continue to buy tickets and spend money at GPs, etc. Like how people complain about the ludicurous pricing...while entering their card details as they book tickets for their next event.