Old 13 Aug 2020, 18:21 (Ref:3995260)   #302
W2Motorsport
Racer

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
W2Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
I’ve honestly found GTWC America this year incredibly dull.

Grid size on big circuits becomes so noticeable.

22 cars at Oulton Park in British GT is enough at a tight little circuit and multi class helps too.

But single digit GT3 cars going for 90 mins, just becomes tedious.

I hate to sound so down on the series, I remember doing St Pete’s back when it was PWC with the always elvolving nissans (what year was that?), and the series was fantastic then. Where did it all fizzle out?

I still think merging GT4 sprint with GT3/GT2, knocking back to 50-60 min races, allow single drivers or double driver pairings, no full pro, pit stop for driver change, maybe wheels, and you’d be onto something. Covid area grids would be around 20, which is light enough to allow space for GT3s to pass GT4 traffic without crashing everytime. Feels so logical?
I really don't understand how or why there has ever been push back from the teams on combining the grids. British GT and GTWC Asia both have mixed GT3/GT4 grids with pro/am and am line ups and they tend to have good racing. Hell the 24H series runs mixed grids with GT3/GT4/TCR and stuff even slower than that without issue. For GT4 teams being on the grid with GT3 would give them additional exposure which should help with sponsorship, and the same can be said of GT3 as I'm sure viewership suffers when the car count is in single digits. 10 GT3 cars by themselves is sad, 30 cars with 10 GT3s and 20 GT4s is an excellent grid.

JMO.