View Single Post
Old 28 Feb 2020, 14:57 (Ref:3960371)   #55
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hopefully after 3 and a half hours & counting I will soon have some tickets for the Classic, before my anticipation of early bird prices ending.

Website doesn't recognise new membership (Euro 60 plus Euro 40 incl member area access) from last November. Can't see a specific members log in area (originally had a normal ticket account before membership), invoice when paying for membership was also not loading correctly as a pdf so hard to remember what I'd paid for (took a bit of forum searching to find link to new membership deal as can't see page easily from current site).

Finally got through after 8 or so calls mainly got call again messages in French today even in opening hours and calls to ticket sales via ACO numbers also fruitful.

Finally got through to ACO, after being charged another Euro15 (in order to get discount on paddock? or ACO stand tickets?) so could then go through to ticket sales and buy:

2 Gen Ad at ACO disc plus 2 at Earlybird prices

2 ACO tribunes (told discount price stopped at midnight last night 27/2 but relented after told of problems) Website still shows Euro 19 price. (Lycean have these and will hopefully have some next week)

4 Paddock tickets - 2 discounted. [edit Seems I have to pay an additional Euro 15 to get Members area access (just the permanent one) access at Classic and be eligible for discount on paddock access Euro 27 v euro 46 a person - very unclear how this option gets explained on ticket site]

All sorted I thought, but no have no orders/purchases or e tickets to download for Classic and Le Mans Gen Ad & Raccordement tickets have disappeared too.

So am waiting for a call back to confirm discount as lady admitted the system did not have my correct membership info up when I gave her the membership number and double charged me the Euro 15 [now found out this charge correct] and also hoping for e tickets and purchase/order history to be restored [will have to try tomorrow on website now to see if its back up].

Also had to sort out increase to mobile buffer and found one call when missed the +33 bit went unanswered was to Kinshasa. ACO website also seemed to be playing up as signing on a bit hit and miss and they seem to lack the back office connections to link what you've bought to your profile.

So nor sure when earlybird prices stop.

New system seems convoluted and pretty much hidden.

Much more difficult for groups to organise (must be a real paid for tribunes etc at main race) and seems to be encouraging/benefiting older person plus son or spouse at expense of groups when Le Mans/WEC type racing public attendances are already in decline. Apologies for a bit of a rant but still waiting for tickets!

Last edited by RL17; 28 Feb 2020 at 15:25. Reason: new info re additional euro 15