View Single Post
Old 4 Apr 2020, 15:04 (Ref:3968605)   #5561
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johno.UK View Post
I get the arguments against the "push to pass" system in some forms of motorsport but in the BTCC?

Is it "fair" when a driver overtakes another who is on an inferior tyre or when a driver with 50kg of ballast is left for dead on a corner exit? BTCC is the ideal series for it IMO.
i'm inclined to agree with johno here. push to pass is a bit crap, but btcc isn't exactly the last outpost of true motorsport. at this point it exists for pure entertainment and looking at the crowd numbers, it's doing a decent job.

i feel as though btcc is a great place to introduce more and more people to having some form of hybrid tech in their cars, particularly if it can relate directly to the way we use our cars now. it relates back to the win races on sunday, sell cars on monday principle - if for example toyota can bridge the gap between uber-tech racing use and road car use via a sport model of a ICE-only car rather than erm, a prius, then it's going to help.