View Single Post
Old 21 Aug 2003, 12:08 (Ref:694291)   #23
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by G Tanner
I think you are spot on. Combe will always do it's best to run an efficient meeting. Circumstances will intervene occassionally but on the whole slick meetings are the norm. Add to this some excellently supported HSCC championships and you have an excellent days racing. It should be stressed that it doesn't happen by accident but is down to a lot of hard work behind the scenes. It also helps being a one club circuit. Consistency in the organising & support team makes a big difference. Personally one of the best races I thought was Race 10 Classic Sports Car with an excellent dice for 2nd between the MGB's,TVR and the Lotus.

Roll on 3 weeks time
Agreed, I've not really ever had a bad day at Combe. If there is good racing, a good team atmosphere, Lunches aren't lost without a fight, and what you do is organised well and appreciated - you tend to forget things like you've been standing in the rain all day without a hut. Combe isn't perfect, but they have a good attitude to their voluteers and reap what they sow.