View Single Post
Old 3 Sep 2013, 22:46 (Ref:3298571)   #44
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
It is an Acura. It always has been in the U.S. This time its made in the U.S.

Btw, the NSX is in GT500 and the CR-Z is in GT300.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
I can't tell if you just skipped over what I said or misunderstood. I said " it has been branded an Acura in the states" and a "Honda" in Europe. Honda owns Acura so lets not get into semantics Thank You.
Quote:
Thats not what I meant. This car is made and designed by the guys at Acura. A different division to Honda, so this time around its not just a rebadge. Well, at least in the U.S.
Quote:
I'll have you know that it is in fact Honda R&D America that is carrying out development of the NSX which will be sold in America as Acura and Honda everywhere else in the world. This car is not being made and designed by "guys at Acura" who are some other division with a different vision for the car. And yes it is merely an american re-badge of a Honda to an Acura. There seems to be confusion over who owns who. Have no fear. Honda owns Acura. A project like the NSX is Honda's doing completely. They are merely trying to boost Acura's image in it's main market by doing the rebadge. The exact same way that Toyota has treated the GT86.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Mogami View Post
Honda Japan designed the NSXv2 in Japan!

American Honda R&D and some borrowed JDM R&D personal are in charge of the suspension,chassis tuning and assembly process.After 18 months of testing mules with many different suspensions the American team just built the very first pre-production model(first VIN #) and sent it to Japan so the bosses can test it(approve or disapprove).Then next year they will do endurance,weather and test it at public tracks(Ring) to compare to comp.

On Sale Dec 2014

And its being design from day one as a Acura then later on rebadge as a Honda.
Quote:
Thank you. I don't see why there needs to be an argument. Its being built in the U.S. by Acura and had a big part in the design. And Lexus only shares one car with Toyota, the ES being that car (excluding the suv's of course). As long as it races it doesn't matter what its called.
Quote:
No offense but here it says designed and made and above it says "built". Which are apparently all wrong see below . That is Honda R&D as stated. I don't think you can claim you were correct all along.

Also what does Lexus have to do with any of this? How did you throw that in there?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Mogami View Post
Acura builds no cars!

JDM
AHM
HondaUK
ThaiHonda
HondaBrazil
HondaMalaysia
HondaIndia

They build Acura/Honda cars.

Acura is just a marketing name.
Quote:
You mentioned Lexus first of all. Second build and made are the same meaning. To construct. If its an Acura its made, built, constructed, put together, assembled; whichever connotation you choose.
Quote:

The point is Acura is not building/making/creating/spawning/designing nada which you seem to believe in all your prior post. Save it.

I think Honda is in the awkward position of building a car that is 4wd and then racing as a rwd but Audi and Nissan did it so why not.

Come to think Honda is actually quite involved in racing already. They have SGT, F1, Sportscar, MotoGP. They probably compete in more mainstream motorsports than anyone gives credit for.
Quote:
Its an Acura car right? Thats like saying a Cadillac is a Chevy. We all know its the same core but a different brand designed and intended as such. I hope you realize english is a language used by many and your reading is not always the same as the delivery.
Semantics... the badging is all very confusing. Can we move on now?