View Single Post
Old 8 Apr 2020, 11:48 (Ref:3969303)   #62
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Budget caps are not going to change anything since all they do is push the developments underground and the big teams will still be spending like no tomorrow, if they get their way.
I hear Mercedes has already built a secret wind tunnel on the moon (in the old ex-Nazi moon base). And the CERN super collider is an elaborate cover story for an extensive underground test track. Research stations at the south pole house full design staffs that work like mad during the mandated summer break.

Why wait for cost cap regulations? I assume all teams must be circumventing all resource related regulations today.

The idea that caps will not work because teams will cheat them is pure speculation. My opinion is that while not 100% water tight, they work "well enough". Those who fight hardest against them are those teams who would have to spend less. Think about why they are so afraid? Its because privately they know it would work.

Richard