View Single Post
Old 8 Apr 2020, 12:00 (Ref:3969305)   #63
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
Yes , Peter, the number of times some callow youth, after telling me my specs are rose tinted , will squawk ' But you can't uninvent technology ' . Said as if it were the end of the argument rather than the beginning of one .
Hey! That sounds like something I would say. Depending upon the arguement, it can be the end. Whenever I have used it, I have yet to get a reply. Typically I use it when fans want to revert to older regulations in some type a fantasy that it will recreate clones of cars from a previous era.

Quote:
Excuse the plug, but as I argued in the F 1 chapters of my book (Amazon / 'all good bookshops' - Driven -an elegy)
Thanks. I just bought a copy moments ago.

Quote:
all F1 needs is good legal draughtsmen , working with engineers to write the regs . Of course the game is to look for loopholes but the approach works well enough .
Quote:
Ironically , as the current regs stand , F1 is by the far the closest it has ever been to a spec formula , with different race shops building essentially the same car but somehow still managing to spend grotesque amounts of money..
I can't reconcile those two statements. Are you saying the reason so much money is that the regulations are poorly written? That finding the right attorney will create such good regulations that teams will not spend money either looking for loopholes or even to play within the spec?

Richard