View Single Post
Old 4 Oct 2021, 14:43 (Ref:4076938)   #27
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Actually not it is not. "Everything" is quite large. For example, should we provide a climate control system on each track? Cover with a roof, control temperature, humidity, etc.? Of course we should not. The heavy rain situation is a corner case in which we should not "overly" optimize for.

You are right, I should have said everything within reason.

Quote:
And this I can agree with. It is not black and white. You have to measure how often heavy rain disrupts the entire event to the point of not racing. If you want that to be zero, you are investing too much to cover rare situations. I personally think that the frequency of this is problem is low enough that it is not a problem that needs to be solved.

Richard

I might agree with that if not for the other reasons listed in the first post. Better wet race performance would be just one of the many advantages of going back to smaller wheels and tyres.
Constructive discussion: A conversion where participants are maximally open to yet critical of each others (and their own) arguments, with the intend of enhancing the knowledge, understanding and/or handling of it's subject.